Monday, October 13, 2014

Value challenge


Value challenge 
watercolor 
7x10 inches 
$140 
This weeks  Daily paintworks challenge is one I have needed to work on for ages. The concept is that nothing in the light can be as light as something in a shadow. If this rule is violated..you sense something is off but the result is  value confusion. 
For me this concept is like that one of negative numbers . Which I still don't understand. But I think I did the challenge correctly and I can see a roundness I wanted to achieve. 
 
My friend Robin Rosenthal issued this challenge and gave really good instructions for how to solve the problem. If you want to see how others answered this challenge go  here http://www.dailypaintworks.com/challenge/the-black-is-lighter-than-white-challenge/266
There will be more paintings posted there  as the week continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment