Friday, June 5, 2015

Hero of the Day

There are many "heros" in our regular days and El's Manning is one of mine. She is a photographer who is willing to share her images with everybody and many artists are grateful for her generosity.

I plan to continue to document the daily hero's I meet.

Who are some of yours? ( sometimes for me it is the UPS man).


Yellow Rose 
7.9x7.9 
matted 12x12 inches 
This is my first painting of the day. I am concentrating on value forms. Trying to create volume with as few strokes as possible. 
This directly relates to the peonies that are about to bloom outside my window. I want to use this painting strategy on them next week. 
Until then I think I have one more painting to do today. I want to try the diving girl from El's photograph above.
 Here is the link to the Yellow Rose. link



No comments:

Post a Comment